The most significant leap in the mattress industry was introduced in the 20th century. This leap was when coil spring bedding came into limelight. Ever since then, various technologies have been invented for the making of the mattress.
Gone are the days when animal hides are stuffed with various materials like straw, horsehair, feathers, etc. that our forefather slept on. Today we have new mattress technologies like the hybrid mattresses to our comfort.
What Is The Best New Mattress Technology? The best new technology in mattress is the hybrid mattress. This mattress contains contain a coil support system with foam material like the memory form.
What is Hybrid Mattress?
Many times, when you go mattress shopping, you might hear the term “Hybrid mattress” thrown around a lot. The term is mostly used to describe mattresses that contain a coil support system with foam material like memory form.
However, hybrid mattresses can technically be any mattress made from more than a single material. A typical hybrid mattress is a blend of foam and spring. The foam layer is usually more substantial in the mattress.
There are also hybrid mattresses made from a blend of latex and memory foam, however, the feel of such a hybrid mattress is usually different because of the slow response of latex material when combined with memory foam.
What Is The Composition Of A Hybrid Mattress?
Depending on the manufacturer of the hybrid mattress, the composition of the mattress can vary to certain extents. However, a typical hybrid mattress includes all or any of these combinations;
1. Steel Support Coil:
The best hybrid mattress is that which contains wrapped coils that move independently and reduces the transfer of motion.
The mattress is designed in a way that involves a support base layer tempered steel coil as well as another steel layer that is individually wrapped in coils at the top portion of the mattress.
2. Comfort layer:
This is any material that provides comfort when the bed is in use. The layer serves as an encasement for the steel coil support system and can be made of any comfort-oriented material such as memory foam, polyfoam, latex, or any other type of foam.
The choice of comfort material to use depends on the manufacturer.
- Cooling Materials: this can be categorized as a part of the comfort layer. Cooling materials refer to any substance that has low heat-conducting power and is slow to transfer heat from the body to the mattress. This material type could include substances like gel or copper materials, etc. that is a low conductor of heat.
- Pillow top: this is included to provide an extra cushion and also to protect the main mattress. Pillow top is usually the portion of the mattress that requires cleaning. With the addition of a pillow top to the mattress, you do not have to move the whole mattress for cleaning, only the pillow top will be removed for washing and replaced when done. The pillow top layer can be made of foam, fiberfill, wool, cotton, etc.
The feel of any hybrid mattress is determined by the materials it is made of. A proper combination of these materials gives any hybrid mattress its appeal.
What Makes The Hybrid Mattress A Great Choice?
The subject of “best mattress” amidst other mattress is relative. Each mattress is specifically designed to suit a need and individual preference of a mattress to another is dependent on several factors.
However, though there is no such thing as the “best mattress”, there are certain characteristics of hybrid mattresses that stand them out. Some of which include the following:
1. The coil system of a hybrid mattress provides comfort and pressure relief. Great for anyone who wants a mattress that is not too soft or too firm.
2. A hybrid mattress is an ideal mattress for those who suffer from chronic back pain. Those who suffer back pain need a firm mattress that will support the spine and is soft enough to give in a little to relieve irritation on pressure points.
3. The coil system of a hybrid mattress allows the mattress to retain its bounciness that is enjoyable to every sleeper.
4. The comfort layer of a hybrid mattress is usually made of memory foam or other comfort materials like latex, polyfoam, etc. This creates an unmistakable enveloping embrace.
5. Compared to other low profile mattresses, the coil support system of a hybrid mattress gives it the needed shape of a traditional mattress.
6. The coil gives contouring support to a hybrid mattress than the kind found in lower-end foam core. This coil lets you, as a sleeper, enjoy the perfect blend of sturdy support and contouring comfort.
7. Purchasing a hybrid mattress is usually less expensive and they perform better than other related foam mattresses.
How Long Does A Hybrid Mattress Last?
Here is one of the tough questions to answer when you are trying to make a decision on which mattress to buy. However, if you are going to get a hybrid mattress then, you can expect it to last for about 10 years.
Hybrid mattresses are believed to have a lifespan of 10 years and are expected to last that long. However, the lifespan or how long you are going to enjoy your mattress is dependent on certain variables. Some of these include:
- The type of materials used: the hybrid mattress is a combination of two or more substances. The combination of the substances is dependent on the manufacturer. Therefore, you need to pay close attention to the materials used and the shelf life of each of the materials used.
- The manufacturer’s warranty is also an important factor to consider. You want to ensure you get the maximum lifespan out of your new mattress
- Using a platform base as the foundation of the mattress or box spring can, to a great extent, increase the life span of your mattress. Also, using an adjustable base does not necessarily mean you will shorten the life span of your mattress.